Passport Facts, Answers, and Questions.Make sure you are aware of the following, and bring the items listed below:
You can find up to date fees, requirements, and other information at the State Departments Travel Site
- How long will it take? - Passports generally take anywhere from 2-10 weeks to be received.
- When can I renew? - US Passport renewal can be done in person, or by mail if within 15 yrs of previous.
- Can I get my passport faster? - You can pay extra for expedited services if needed.
What do I need to bring?
- What types of ID are needed? - make sure you have two forms of Identification with copies of each.
- One of the IDs should prove US Citizenship, such as a Certified Birth Certificate, previous Passport, Naturalization Certificate, or Certificate of Citizenship.
- The second ID must be current and valid, such as a Driver's License, Government or Military ID, Naturalization Certificate, or previously issued Passport.
- What forms are needed? - You should have the appropriate passport application form printed and filled out.
- The different forms can be found on the Application Forms page.
- Do I need a photo? - You will need a photo meeting all requirements if the Passport Office does not list available Photo Hours.
- Most stores offering photo taking provide these services, such as Walgreens or Wal-Mart.
- How much does it cost? - You will be required to pay an Application fee to apply for or renew passport.
- You can find up to date fees on the Passport Fees page.